Pages

Our Motto:

The Connecticut Catholic Corner Motto: Romans 14:16 "Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil."

All articles owned by Connecticut Catholic Corner

© 2007-2023 All articles owned by Connecticut Catholic Corner *except EWTN press releases(see sidebar)*

***FYI: Comments***

Due to continued problems with Disqus I have removed them from this blog- in doing so comments from 2018-2020 have disappeared from my blog posts.

Friday, May 30, 2008

Fr. Pfleger Shames the Catholic Church


I know I said a while ago that I wasn't going to get political on this blog but today I am fed up to be quite honest. I am fed up and disgusted with the behavior of one of our Catholic priests, Father Michael Louis Pfleger of Chicago a Senator Obama supporter, so this post will probably be more of a rant than anything else. I apologize if it offends anyone, but I feel the need to speak out on this. This priest has continually pushed the limits of what I personally believe a priest should and since this is my blog I am going to spout off about it. His latest escapade in mocking Senator Hillary Clinton and acting like a buffoon to get applause is just more than should be tolerated. It's sexist, degrading, insulting and beyond the limits for ANY self proclaiming Christian, let alone a priest who is supposed to be an example of Christ and Christ's love for people. For those who haven't seen the clips of Father Pfleger on television, please watch the following two Youtube clips of Father Pfleger in action to see what I am talking about.

And...

There's much to learn about this Catholic priest that I think many may not know, I certainly didn't and if I hadn't read it and seen the proof of it I probably wouldn't have believed it. I didn't want to believe it! Father Pfleger became a priest in 1975. Since then he has (in my opinion) crossed the line several times. Now this of course is my own personal opinion, so if you disagree that's fine. A year ago, in May of 2007 Father Pfleger was protesting outside a Chicago gun shop when he decided to threaten, yes threaten the gun shop owner. Here is a direct quote of what he had to say reported by the ChicagoSun in June of 2007: "We're going to find you and snuff you out. Like a rat you're going to hide. But like a rat, we're going to catch you and pull you out." He later apologized for this statement and was called out for it by Cardinal George the Archbishop of Chicago. Going back a few more years to 2000 Father Plfeger decided to raise money to buy time with prostitutes as a way to reach them. He raised several thousand dollars from donors and went about purchasing prostitutes time. Did Jesus or any of the disciples pay anyone to reach them? I don't think so. Can you see Saint Peter or Paul paying a prostitute to tell them about Christ? I can't see it, but this Catholic priest thought it was a dandy idea. Last year NBC reported about Father Plfeger who was protesting rappers lyrics for "demeaning" and disrespecting women. Read what he said and keep in mind his mocking, disrespecting and demeaning of Senator Hillary Clinton when you read the hypocrite...er... I mean Father Plfeger's statement: "When you disrespect women and you continue to demean a community or race by names and by language, that's unacceptable. . . . We can kill with our words." That's right Father Plfeger, go after the speck in your neighbors eye while ignoring the giant redwood tree sticking out of your own eye! This priest has much to learn in my opinion and until he does should shut his mouth and pray for wisdom, humbleness and most of all forgiveness for his words and actions. As he said "We can kill with our words"- at least he got something right.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Julie,

    Father Pfleger should be ashamed for what he said and did! Pope Benedict should take action against this man who does not deserve to wear the holy robes of Christ our Lord!

    The Catholic Church is excommunicating women because they want to be priests, well when are male priests going to be excommunicated for their actions! Jesus's Mother Mary was a woman and this
    priest is demeaning a woman Senator Clinton who has suffered way too much because
    of MEN!

    I at 17 thought of becoming a nun, however, a priest who made inappropriate advances
    towards me helped to change my mind. I have remained a Catholic for my 60 years
    on this earth and pray everyday that this world will wake to peace one day. I believe
    that I have done far more as a woman than any nun could of with the domination of
    men in the Catholic Church still today. I hope Pope Benedict will take a look at this inappropriate priest we have in America, known as Father Pfleger!

    Father Pfleger I am sure would like to explain to the Jews and Women who have been slaves in this world for all time because of a narrow mind like his, who I pray does NOT represent my Catholic Church.

    All men, blacks, etc. must take an example from Nelson Mandela who said it best "Men will Never be Free, until they learn to Forgive." So when are a few Black Men and Women going to forgive for what they personally never suffered, as they are setting a poor example for all Black young children!

    I have Black friends and I do not hear them saying things as I have heard from some in the Obama Campaign.

    Let the majority of Black Americans please change their attitude, as this has been
    looking like reverse discrimination to many Asians, American Indians, Hispanics,
    Whites, etcetera. Remember America is a melting pot, just when is the melting going
    to occur on both sides?

    Pamela Ann Walsh - MOB (Mother's Opposing Barack)





    ________________________________________
    PeoplePC Online
    A better way to Internet
    http://www.peoplepc.com

    ReplyDelete

This is a Catholic blog, please keep your comments respectful to my Faith even when you disagree.

Profanity will not be tolerated - it will be DELETED, so do not waste your time or mine.

Thank you and God bless...

Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...