Pages

Our Motto:

The Connecticut Catholic Corner Motto: Romans 14:16 "Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil."

All articles owned by Connecticut Catholic Corner

© 2007-2023 All articles owned by Connecticut Catholic Corner *except EWTN press releases(see sidebar)*

***FYI: Comments***

Due to continued problems with Disqus I have removed them from this blog- in doing so comments from 2018-2020 have disappeared from my blog posts.

Friday, November 29, 2013

Catholic website Angelqueen.org has a plagiarism problem

I don't know how many people visit the Plagiarist-Run-Wild website "Angelqueen.org", but I suggest staying FAR, FAR away from them.

This "Angelqueen.org: For Purity and Tradition" (*snort*) uses an image of a statue of Mary to make it look Catholic.  What the website looks like is [in my opinion] nothing but stolen work from other bloggers and media writers.  I've looked around and see a lot of reprinted articles- I HOPE they have permission from other bloggers/writers, but they do NOT have MY permission- and they've never asked for it either.

For MONTHS now a person going by the name "Tom" has been STEALING my blog articles and placing them on Angelqueen.org saying "written by Tom"- sometimes he includes a link back to my blog, but does NOT tell anyone he is STEALING WORD FOR WORD my ENTIRE articles.  The Angelqueen.org website rules do NOT state re-printing other peoples work without permission. [see rules below]

Again, he has NEVER asked permission to re-print ANY of my writings, but that doesn't stop him.
pla·gia·rism[pley-juh-riz-uhm, -jee-uh-riz-] Show IPA noun1.an act or instance of using or closely imitating the language and thoughts of another author without authorization and the representation of that author's work as one's own, as by not crediting the original author: It is said that he plagiarized Thoreau's plagiarism of a line written by Montaigne. appropriation, infringement, piracy, counterfeiting; theft, borrowing, cribbing, passing off. 2.a piece of writing or other work reflecting such unauthorized use or imitation: “These two manuscripts are clearly plagiarisms,” the editor said, tossing them angrily on the floor.

I have tried numerous times to get in touch with Angelqueen.org but they have NO option for contacting them directly OR filing a complaint that I can [so far] find on their website.  So I am left with voicing my disgust here on my blog hoping that readers and other bloggers will speak out if anyone at Angelqueen.org has done this to them.  I can SEE numerous other articles on there that seem to be set up like my own STOLEN work so I can only assume they are stealing from others to.

Under the websites "RULES" it says:


Here we play by BBGR or “Big Boy and Girls Rules.”You won’t find any long, detailed user agreements or posting guidelines to be referred to chapter and verse.If you are capable of logging on to this site and putting a coherent sentence together, you understand that you must avoid doing anything illegal, actionable (“tort”) or immoral. Further, this is a Catholic site frequented by Catholic faithful and clergy. Avoid engaging in anything that could be perceived as un-Catholic, anti-Catholic, non-Catholic etc.If you’re new, as with being the new guy anywhere else in life, it is wise to take some quiet time to get to know the environment, the people and particular “culture” before drawing too much attention to yourself.Conduct yourself as you do in real life – i.e. a well-mannered big boy/girl who is visiting with others for a discussion at a house, church, park and you’ll have no problems here whatsoever.Blessings.
Apparently they pay NO ATTENTION to rule breakers because the person stealing from me does NOT put ANY "sentences together" he steals them from other people and slaps his name on it. I'd say that not only is stealing/plagiarism but also "immoral"- which the website claims is not allowed.

Tom and those in charge at Angelqueen.org this is the LAST TIME I am telling you STOP STEALING MY WORK!  You DO NOT have permission to re-print ANYTHING from my blog anymore.  You want to comment on something comment HERE or share a LINK to my blog ONLY.  You can NOT STEAL my entire writings and try to pass them off as your own because you've CHANGED MY TITLES!

He has done it with my article entitled "Did Pope Francis say anything new in his Exhortation" - changing the title to: "Objection and Reply" where he first steals the ENTIRE article written by Damian Thompson at the UK's The Telegraph, then beneath that he places my article.

He has done this before and after a few days of trying to get in touch with the website and having no luck registering (I tried several times and all attempts failed) so that I could at the very least leave a comment to Tom on one of his pages, I gave up trying that avenue.  Instead I moved my copyright from the bottom of my blog to the top and that stopped him for all of about a month. 

Now he is back to it taking my work without my permission and re-posting it. 

How it shows up is he writes "posted by Connecticut Catholic Corner" and "written by Tom" then he re-prints WITHOUT my permission my entire blog articles.



I certainly do NOT mind having a line or even a paragraph used with a link back to the entire original article, but Angelqueen.org does NOT do that- this website takes ENTIRE articles that other people write and slaps their own name on it making it look like they have written it. And they don't even send you an email asking to reprint your work!

This is wrong. 

If you've had issues with Angelqueen.org I'd like to hear about them.

 STOP INTERNET PLAGIARISM: http://www.plagiarismtoday.com/stopping-internet-plagiarism/


UPDATE:
1)"Tom" over at Angelqueen.org has decided to mock and belittle me for not liking the fact that he is stealing from me.  No really, I am not kidding, see HERE.  He is attacking me for calling him out on his crimes.  Unbelievable, and remember folks this is titled as a "Catholic" website.

2) I found and contacted the Angelqueen.org website owner and filed a complaint with him.


In Christ and fed up with thieves,

Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner

Links: 
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/plagiarism
http://angelqueen.org/2013/11/28/objection-and-reply/
http://angelqueen.org/author/tom/
http://angelqueen.org/
http://angelqueen.org/the-rules/
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/damianthompson/100247936/pope-francis-reveals-his-radical-message-and-it-will-startle-conservatives/
link: http://whois.net/whois/angelqueen.org
link: http://angelqueen.org/2013/11/29/catholic-website-angelqueen-org-has-a-plagiarism-problem/
link: http://www.plagiarismtoday.com/stopping-internet-plagiarism/your-copyrights-online/1-what-is-a-copyright/


11 comments:

  1. Don't be childish. Truth from whatever source must not be hindered in these lying apocalyptic times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be selfish. You should be grateful that your material is worthy to go around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too be fair, whenever anyone posts anything on Angelqueen, the signature automatically says "written by" instead of "posted by." I doubt anyone who is a regular visitor there would think that it was actually written by Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In complaining about "plagiarism", you post three copied screenshots from AQ, and a definition from dictionary.reference.com in its entirety. Maybe you should post a screed on irony.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't let them bother you. I took a look ate site and found sub-par. They'll rot away of their own accord. Meanwhile, keep fighting the good fight. If you're looking for material, consider Chuckles the Clown, AKA Cardinal DOlan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, play by Big Boy and Girl rules. Get a lawyer and sue. There's big money in copyright infringement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Julie,

    Would you please accept an apology from me, an SSPX supporter and fellow author? Angelqueen folks do not mean to plagiarize, they reliably put the link to the original post (at least every time I have checked they have done so, which includes a time they 'borrowed' an article of mine from my little blog, to my great irritation), they are just unfortunately oblivious to the difference between 'written by' and 'posted by' and that wording is part of the fixed format: every time one re-posts something of interest, it gets filled in, incorrectly, of course (but not illegally--material posted on the internet is not automatically protected by copyright). I am pretty sure that they will fix that formatting now, thanks to your protest. I will bug them again about it, and I hope you will accept my apology, Angelqueen is generally a friendly and well-intentioned bunch of faithful Catholics whose thoughts on things are very much like this blog's in many ways. Please forgive them, the word 'plagiarize' stirred passions!

    Janet Baker
    The White Lily Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Janet, I appreciate that, but the apology is not yours to give. You have not taken my material nor mocked and belittled me when you found out I was not happy about it.
    A real Catholic Christian man would apologize for his own actions and man up. A corrupt Catholic man follows the path of Judas.

    Thank you for stopping by and I do appreciate your words.

    In Christ,

    Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Daily Bread:

    Uncharitable Criticisms and Rash Judgments

    http://fromthedepthsofthecatacombs.blogspot.com/p/my-daily-bread.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have posted twice already to explain what type of website Angelqueen is, how the posting feature works, and what their FULL rules for posting are. As these posts appear to be deleted each time. I have posted the information on Angelqueen so anyone reading here can see them when they follow through to Angelqueen's link.

    It would seem that if one is to post questioning the integrity of another, they should make sure that their own integrity is above being questioned - even if this means correcting an error or admitting that they may have made a rush to judgment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. To Julie S: NOTHING has been deleted from this post. IF something gets deleted it SHOWS UP as "deleted comment". If you are having an issue posting on Blogger, take it up with Blogger.
    I do not care what you post on Angelqueen or anywhere else, my issue is TAKING MY WORK and reprinting it WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.
    THAT is the issue here, NOTHING else.

    In Christ,
    Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner

    ReplyDelete

This is a Catholic blog, please keep your comments respectful to my Faith even when you disagree.

Profanity will not be tolerated - it will be DELETED, so do not waste your time or mine.

Thank you and God bless...

Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...