Pages

Our Motto:

The Connecticut Catholic Corner Motto: Romans 14:16 "Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil."

All articles owned by Connecticut Catholic Corner

© 2007-2023 All articles owned by Connecticut Catholic Corner *except EWTN press releases(see sidebar)*

***FYI: Comments***

Due to continued problems with Disqus I have removed them from this blog- in doing so comments from 2018-2020 have disappeared from my blog posts.

Monday, August 15, 2016

The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Prayer


Mother of God, most holy Mary, how often by my sins have I merited hell! Ere now the judgment had gone forth against my first mortal sin, hadst not thou in thy tender pity stayed a while God’s justice and then, softening my hard heart, drawn me on to take confidence in thee. And oh, how often in dangers which beset my steps, had I fallen, hadst not thou, loving Mother that thou art, preserved me by the graces which thou have availed to me. My Queen, what will thy pity and thy favor have availed me, if I perish in the flames of hell? If ever I have not loved thee, now, after God, I love thee above all things. Ah! Suffer not that I turn away from thee and from God, who through thee hath granted me so many mercies. Lady most worthy of all love, suffer not that I be doomed to hate and curse thee forever in hell. Couldst thou bear to see a servant whom thou lovest lost forever? O Mary, say not so. Say not that I shall be among the lost! Yet lost am I assuredly if I abandon thee. But who can have the heart to leave thee? How can I ever forget the love which thou hast borne me? No, it is impossible for him to perish who hath recourse to thee, and who with loyal heart confides in thee. Leave me not to myself, my Mother, or I am lost. Let me ever have recourse to thee! Save me, my hope! Save me from hell, and first from sin, which alone can cause my eternal ruin. Amen. 

The Sovereign Pontiff, Pius VII, by a decree of the S. Cong. Of Indulgences, May 15, 1821, granted: An indulgence of three hundred days, once a day, to those who, with at least contrite heart and devotion shall say this prayer, together with the Salve Regina three times. A plenary indulgence, once a month to all who shall practice this devotion every day for a month, on any day when, being truly penitent, after confession and communion, they shall pray for some time the intention of His Holiness. – Raccolta, pp. 183, 188. 

Source: The Catholic Instructor with Encyclopedic Dictionary, Copyright The Office of Catholic Publication, 1910. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a Catholic blog, please keep your comments respectful to my Faith even when you disagree.

Profanity will not be tolerated - it will be DELETED, so do not waste your time or mine.

Thank you and God bless...

Julie @ Connecticut Catholic Corner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...